Michael represents clients in all types of civil litigation. He has litigated cases on behalf of both municipalities and land owners in land use cases, First Amendment, RLUIPA, Freedom of Information Act and New Hampshire Right to Know Law – RSA 91-A. He has also defended clients in professional malpractice, constitutional litigation, construction disputes and contract disputes cases. Michael has successfully litigated numerous property tax abatement cases.
Prior to the practice of law, Michael taught high school history and A.P. Government at St. Johnsbury Academy in St. Johnsbury, Vermont.
- New Hampshire, 2005
- Vermont, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire, 2005
- U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont, 2014
- Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2010
- Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2014
- United States Supreme Court, 2012
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- Manchester Bar Association
- Alliance Defending Freedom, Allied Attorney
- Catholic Lawyers Guild of New Hampshire, secretary
- New England Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013-2014
NEWSROOM & PUBLICATIONS
- Post-Viability Abortion Bans and the Limits of the Health Exception, 80 Notre Dame L. Rev. 465 (2004).
J.D., Notre Dame Law School, magna cum laude
B.A., Dartmouth College